ABOUT US ONAIR
To reinvigorate our imperiled democracy, US onAir is developing 50 curated, media rich online state governance and election Hubs and a central US Hub. We are supporting the US public to become more informed about and engaged in federal, state, and local politics while facilitating more civil and positive collaboration.
US onAir is a growing coalition of individuals and organizations creating a new kind of digital democracy network. Participation in US onAir is open to all US citizens and qualifying organizations. Democracy onAir, a nonpartisan 501c3 nonprofit, is providing the technology, curation, and organizational support needed to establish a dynamic, evolving network.
To learn more about the US onAir network, go to this post with 2 minute introductory video.
WHY BECOME AN INTERN?
The primary internship benefits beyond helping to reinvigorate democracy are intended to be career-enhancing:
- Visibility in your field; potential contact with thought leaders, organizations, and potential employers
- Skill development in political communication, media, and other position-specific opportunities such as grant-writing, video editing, and team management
- Interaction and networking with politicians and other nonprofit organizations
- Career opportunities with Democracy onAir and US onAir coalition organizations
- Potential for individualized projects and skill development
Internships are mostly self-directed with weekly online meetings. Since much of the internship work is done remotely, students are on an honor system as to the hours they report to us. Part-time interns do not receive any monetary compensation.